Home | About Us | Personal Injury | Contact Us
Family Visas
   Marriage Visa
   Unmarried/Same Sex Partner Visa
   Fiance/Proposed Civil Partner Visa
   Parents/Grandparents Visa
   UK Unmarried Partners
   UK Ancestry Visa
UK Visit Visa
   Business Visit Visa
   Entertainment Visit Visa
   General Visit Visa
   Visa to get Medical Treatment
   Sports Visit Visa
   Chinese Delegation Visa-ADS Agreement
   Student Visit Visa
Tier 1 Visa
   Investor Visa
   Prospective Entrepreneur
   Entrepreneur Visa
   Post Study Work
Tier 2 Visa
   Work Permit
   Change of Employment
   Intra Company Transfers
Tier 4 Visa
   Student Visa
   Student Visit Visa
Tier 5 Visa
   Youth Mobility Scheme
   Temporary Workers
ILR Applications
   ILR - Tier 1 General
   ILR - Tier 2 General
   ILR - Work Permit Holder
   ILR - Tier 2 Minister Of Religion
   ILR - Tier 2 Sportsperson
   ILR - Marriage
   ILR - Unmarried Partner
   ILR - Civil Partner
   ILR - Domestic Worker
   ILR - Tier 1 (Investor)
   ILR - Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
   ILR as a Bereaved Spouse
   ILR Victim Of Domestic Violence
   ILR - 10 Years Long Residence
   ILR - 14 Years Long Residence
Asylum and Humanitarian Protection
   Asylum Claim
   ILR As A Refugee
   Family Reunion
   Legacy Cases
Passport & Travel Document Applications
   Application For British Passport
   Refugee Travel Document
   Stateless Person Travel Document
   Certificate Of Travel
   One Way Travel Document

Authorized and Regulated by SRA

Stateless Person Travel Document

You may apply for a stateless persons' travel document if you have been recognised as a stateless person under the terms of the 1954 United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Stateless Persons. This convention defined a stateless person as someone who is not considered as a national by any country under the terms of its laws. You will need to provide a letter from us confirming your status.

You cannot be recognised as stateless if:

·         you are receiving help or protection from agencies of the United Nations (except the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees);

·         you are recognised by the competent authorities of the country in which you are resident as having the rights and obligations attached to having nationality of that country; or

·         there are serious reasons for considering that you have committed a crime against peace, a war crime, a crime against humanity, a serious non-political crime outside your country of residence before you started living there, or acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

You must have permission to stay here for at least six months from the date when you make your application. This is because other countries may not accept your travel document if you have less than six months' permission to return to the United Kingdom. If your current permission to remain here will expire in less than six months, you must apply to extend your stay before you can apply for a travel document.

A stateless persons' document issued to an adult will usually be valid for 10 years if you have permission to stay in the United Kingdom permanently (known as 'indefinite leave to remain'). If you have temporary permission to stay in the United Kingdom (known as 'limited leave to remain'), your stateless persons' document will usually be valid for the same period as your permission to stay here, up to a maximum of five years.

Children cannot be named on the travel document of their parent or guardian. A stateless persons' document issued to a child will usually be valid for five years if the child has permission to stay in the United Kingdom permanently. If the child has temporary permission to stay in the United Kingdom, the stateless persons' document will usually be valid for the same period as their permission to stay here, up to a maximum of five years.

A stateless persons' document is normally valid for travel to all countries.


Our Fee:

We will charge you a fixed fee of £100 for our professional services for advising on the procedure and completing travel document application.  You are guaranteed the best price for the quality of professional service you get.  There are no hidden charges and this is the final amount that you would pay.  

Please feel free to contact us via email or telephone to discus your matter further.  


   What We Offer
   Immigration News
   Same Day Visa Service
   Privacy Statement
Other Services
   Personal Injury
   Family Law
   Civil Litigation
   Commissioners for Oath
   UK Citizenship
   UK Sponsorship Licence
   Indefinite Leave to Remain
   UK Settlement Visa
   UK Visa Extension
   Schengen Visa
   UK Right of Abode
   EEA Residence Permit
  Additional Comments
Copyright © 2012 Longfellow Solicitors. Longfellow Solicitors is authorized and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 563949. VAT Registration No 128803804