Home | About Us | Personal Injury | Contact Us
Family Visas
   Marriage Visa
   Unmarried/Same Sex Partner Visa
   Fiance/Proposed Civil Partner Visa
   Parents/Grandparents Visa
   UK Unmarried Partners
   UK Ancestry Visa
UK Visit Visa
   Business Visit Visa
   Entertainment Visit Visa
   General Visit Visa
   Visa to get Medical Treatment
   Sports Visit Visa
   Chinese Delegation Visa-ADS Agreement
   Student Visit Visa
Tier 1 Visa
   Investor Visa
   Prospective Entrepreneur
   Entrepreneur Visa
   Post Study Work
Tier 2 Visa
   Work Permit
   Change of Employment
   Intra Company Transfers
Tier 4 Visa
   Student Visa
   Student Visit Visa
Tier 5 Visa
   Youth Mobility Scheme
   Temporary Workers
ILR Applications
   ILR - Tier 1 General
   ILR - Tier 2 General
   ILR - Work Permit Holder
   ILR - Tier 2 Minister Of Religion
   ILR - Tier 2 Sportsperson
   ILR - Marriage
   ILR - Unmarried Partner
   ILR - Civil Partner
   ILR - Domestic Worker
   ILR - Tier 1 (Investor)
   ILR - Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
   ILR as a Bereaved Spouse
   ILR Victim Of Domestic Violence
   ILR - 10 Years Long Residence
   ILR - 14 Years Long Residence
Asylum and Humanitarian Protection
   Asylum Claim
   ILR As A Refugee
   Family Reunion
   Legacy Cases
Passport & Travel Document Applications
   Application For British Passport
   Refugee Travel Document
   Stateless Person Travel Document
   Certificate Of Travel
   One Way Travel Document

Authorized and Regulated by SRA

Certificate Of Travel

f you have not been given refugee status in the UK and have not been recognised as a stateless person, you may be able to apply for a certificate of travel, which will give you permission to travel abroad and return here. You must first prove that you have been formally and unreasonably refused a passport by the authorities of the country of which you are a national.

Except in exceptional circumstances, you cannot use a Home Office certificate of travel to travel to your country of origin, or to the country from which you sought asylum.

Some countries do not accept certificates of travel as valid travel documents, so you should check with the authorities of the country you wish to visit before you apply. At present, countries that do not accept it include:

·         Austria

·         Belgium

·         Denmark

·         France

·         Germany

·         Greece

·         Iceland

·         Italy

·         Luxembourg

·         the Netherlands

·         Portugal

·         South Africa

·         Spain

·         Switzerland

You must have permission to stay here for at least 6 months from the date when you make your application. This is because other countries may not accept your certificate if your permission to return to the UK will expire in less than 6 months. If your current permission will expire in less than 6 months, you must apply to extend your stay before you can apply for a travel document.

A certificate of travel issued to an adult will usually be valid for up to 5 years if you have permission to stay in the UK permanently (known as 'indefinite leave to remain'). If you have temporary permission to stay in the UK (known as 'limited leave to remain'), your certificate of travel will usually be valid for the same period as your permission to stay here.

Children cannot be named on the travel document of their parent or guardian. A certificate of travel issued to a child will usually be valid for up to 5 years if the child has permission to stay in the UK permanently. If the child has temporary permission to stay in the UK, the certificate of travel will usually be valid for the same period as their permission to stay here.

Certificates of identity

Until 17 March 2008, the certificate of travel was called the 'certificate of identity' and was coloured brown. However, the validity and criteria for issuing the document were the same. If you currently hold a brown certificate of identity, you can use it until it expires.

Our Fee:

We will charge you a fixed fee of £100 for our professional services for advising on the procedure and completing travel document application.  You are guaranteed the best price for the quality of professional service you get.  There are no hidden charges and this is the final amount that you would pay.  

Please feel free to contact us via email or telephone to discus your matter further. 


   What We Offer
   Immigration News
   Same Day Visa Service
   Privacy Statement
Other Services
   Personal Injury
   Family Law
   Civil Litigation
   Commissioners for Oath
   UK Citizenship
   UK Sponsorship Licence
   Indefinite Leave to Remain
   UK Settlement Visa
   UK Visa Extension
   Schengen Visa
   UK Right of Abode
   EEA Residence Permit
  Additional Comments
Copyright © 2012 Longfellow Solicitors. Longfellow Solicitors is authorized and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 563949. VAT Registration No 128803804