Home | About Us | Personal Injury | Contact Us
Family Visas
   Marriage Visa
   Unmarried/Same Sex Partner Visa
   Fiance/Proposed Civil Partner Visa
   Parents/Grandparents Visa
   UK Unmarried Partners
   UK Ancestry Visa
UK Visit Visa
   Business Visit Visa
   Entertainment Visit Visa
   General Visit Visa
   Visa to get Medical Treatment
   Sports Visit Visa
   Chinese Delegation Visa-ADS Agreement
   Student Visit Visa
Tier 1 Visa
   Investor Visa
   Prospective Entrepreneur
   Entrepreneur Visa
   Post Study Work
Tier 2 Visa
   Work Permit
   Change of Employment
   Intra Company Transfers
Tier 4 Visa
   Student Visa
   Student Visit Visa
Tier 5 Visa
   Youth Mobility Scheme
   Temporary Workers
ILR Applications
   ILR - Tier 1 General
   ILR - Tier 2 General
   ILR - Work Permit Holder
   ILR - Tier 2 Minister Of Religion
   ILR - Tier 2 Sportsperson
   ILR - Marriage
   ILR - Unmarried Partner
   ILR - Civil Partner
   ILR - Domestic Worker
   ILR - Tier 1 (Investor)
   ILR - Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
   ILR as a Bereaved Spouse
   ILR Victim Of Domestic Violence
   ILR - 10 Years Long Residence
   ILR - 14 Years Long Residence
Asylum and Humanitarian Protection
   Asylum Claim
   ILR As A Refugee
   Family Reunion
   Legacy Cases
Passport & Travel Document Applications
   Application For British Passport
   Refugee Travel Document
   Stateless Person Travel Document
   Certificate Of Travel
   One Way Travel Document

Authorized and Regulated by SRA

Student Visa

What is the purpose of the Student Visa:

Tier 4 Student Visa offers overseas students the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications from the UK.

What are the requirement of Tier 4 Student Visa?

If you are coming to the UK under a Tier 4 student visa, you require a UK educational institution on the register of sponsors to sponsor you.  You also need to score enough points to be accepted as an international student in the UK.

The following table is how the points system works for Tier 4:


Points Allocation 

Having a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies from a Tier 4 sponsor


Funds to cover course fees and cost of living 


Period of the Visa:

You will get a Tier4 or student visa for an initial period which varies depending on the length of the course. In general, a Tier 4 student can stay in the UK for the length of the course plus 4 months (for courses lasting one year or more) or one or two months (for courses between six months and a year). For shorter courses, international students are only granted a week to stay in the UK once the course has finished.

Permission to Work:

Students who are in a course at or above NQF 6/QCF 6/SCQF 9 at a UK higher education institution are allowed to:

  • work for up to 20 hours per week during term time;
  • work full-time during vacations;
  • do a work placement as part of your course;
  • work as a postgraduate doctor or dentist on a recognised Foundation Programme.

If you are on a course below this level at a UK higher education institution, you are allowed to:

  • work for up to 10 hours per week during term time;
  • do a work placement as part of your course;
  • work full-time during vacations.

If you are on a course at any level at a publicly funded further education college, you are allowed to:

  • work for up to 10 hours per week during term time;
  • work full-time during vacations;
  • do a work placement as part of your course, provided your education provider is a Highly Trusted sponsor or the course is at or above NQF 6/QCF 6/SCQF 9.

After your course is completed, you can use the remainder of your visa time to look for work in the UK so you can transition into another visa category if they wish. Otherwise, you must leave the UK once their visa period ends.


In some cases, you can bring your partner or children (under dependent visas) with you during your studies but you must show that you have sufficient funds to provide for them. They will be able to apply under the Tier 4 student visa as a dependent. From 4 July 2011, you cannot bring your dependents to the UK unless:

  • you are sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at NQF level 7 or above which lasts 12 months or more or;
  • a new government-sponsored student following a course which lasts longer than 6 months.

Please also note that Tier 4 student visa applicants may be required to complete an English test if they are not nationals of an English-speaking country or have not completed any academic courses in English.

Document required:

Eligible Tier 4 student visa applicants can qualify for an exception because they are considered to be "low risk" and will normally be required to provide fewer evidential documents.

A Tier 4 student visa applicant qualifies for this exception if they are:

  1. sponsored by a Highly Trusted Sponsor; and
  2. applying for entry clearance in his/her country of nationality or for leave to remain in the UK; and
  3. a national of: Argentina
  • Australia
  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • Croatia
  • Hong Kong
  • Japan
  • New Zealand
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Taiwan
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • United States of America
  • British Nationals living oversea


You may be eligible to switch into another visa category once you graduate. 

What we can do for you?

At Longfellow Solicitors, we will look after your application from start to finish in the best possible way at an amazing low cost.  Your application would undergo the following stages with us:

  1. A detail assessment of your case considering your particular circumstances.  
  2. Explaining the procedure and requirements in more depth in the light of your particular circumstances. 
  3. Advising you on all the necessary documents required to satisfy the visa requirement. 
  4. Completing all the relevant forms and other paperwork on your behalf.
  5. Drafting legal grounds in support of your application.
  6. A qualified immigration solicitor and accredited immigration supervisor supervising throughout the conduct of your case.   
  7. Submitting your application to the relevant immigration office.
  8. Keeping you up to date on the progress of your application. 

Our Fee:

We will charge you a fixed fee of £600 for our professional services.  You are guaranteed the best price for the quality of professional service you get.  There are no hidden charges and this is the final amount that you would pay.  

Please feel free to contact us via email or telephone to discus your matter further. 



   What We Offer
   Immigration News
   Same Day Visa Service
   Privacy Statement
Other Services
   Personal Injury
   Family Law
   Civil Litigation
   Commissioners for Oath
   UK Citizenship
   UK Sponsorship Licence
   Indefinite Leave to Remain
   UK Settlement Visa
   UK Visa Extension
   Schengen Visa
   UK Right of Abode
   EEA Residence Permit
  Additional Comments
Copyright © 2012 Longfellow Solicitors. Longfellow Solicitors is authorized and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 563949. VAT Registration No 128803804